Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quilt-spiration


As usual, I contiunue to be amazed at the sheer number of quilting blogs out there. I've been skimming through them a lot lately, gather inspiration and excitement.

Here a couple of the blogs I'm turning to for ideas:

Diary of a Quilter - By reading just a few entries (although you won't want to stop at just a few!), you can tell how much Amy loves all things quilting. She has some fantastic tutorials, including her "How to make a quilt from start to finish" series. I think I'll be referencing this one a lot! I love her use of fresh, bright colors in her designs, like this one with Amy Butler fabric.


I also love the color combination used in this quilt.


 
  Quilt Story - Sisters Heather and Megan started Quilt Story as a way to compile all the beautiful quilts they found on the web (neverending, remember?) as well as share their own crafty projects. Many of their posts link to other quilting sites and thier Fabric Tuesday feature is a great way to get inspriation from other crafters. They sell patterns from the Etsy shop and have some great tutorials, including one for this beauty! I love the applique at the bottom.



What are some of your favorite quilt-y blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment